Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So many...


Am tired and finding it hard to think right now. Left work really late coz I was helping another teacher with some computer stuff. I don't mind helping someone learn stuff I can do because there are plenty of things I can't do that I will need advice and help with in the future. The school has some different programs to what I generally use so I learnt some new things too. Have to chase the IT guy tomorrow about an email I got sent today about getting a Department of Ed lap top in the next round. Can't get access to the website I need to sign up on (by 5pm tomorrow) from any computer I try. Neither at home or at school – on two different operating systems... tomorrow...


Had a good morning with the kids but Snow White's mum is still a pain. The head of junior school is getting on her case now, which is a relief to me. I need to maintain a good relationship with her but can't teach and tell her to rack off tactfully as well. SW was better today anyhow, and working a bit with the speechies was great as SW seems so much more confident when she has compics to point at. She will try harder to communicate. The pics from kinder are a bit random so we'll work at school on developing an effective communication method... I think she'll be much happier then.


Got some time off this arvo when my 'older' two went for an extra swim. I went down to watch for a bit and chat to the teacher who swam with Little Red Ridinghood last year and see what needs doing. Cinderella had some goggles for the first time and it made a great difference. I heard that all sorts of great improvements happened after I dragged my feet out of the pool and went back to do some work. So no more mucking about on Mondays! All laps and hard work for my little monkey from now on! Except for when we do a big bomb into the pool for a start...


I got a fridge in my room today! A bar fridge but unfortunately not ready stocked...


I need to get program folders up and running soon and a CRT folder and tidy my office space that looks like a paper explosion, and have a look at what I'll need to do for reports for my 'oldies'...


...disconnected thoughts...




Compic: Communication Pictures

No comments: