Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Big Tuesday

Went to a PSG at Snow White's integration primary school today. The school is great and her teachers are great, mum has issues, many issues. She is so negative she is bringing me down. Her take on everything is bad. She won't listen. Her kid is fine, especially when she is not around, but she wants to see everything that we do... It's not helping her kid any. It's getting hard to be polite. The other school are very firm, I guess they are used to her as her other daughter goes there, but it doesn't help us much yet... maybe it will in the end. The teachers from her school are going to come and visit us and see what we are doing in a couple of weeks. That will be good. I got to know one of the APs better on the car trip so that was good. I think I may have said too much, but I keep having that feeling...


At least I know my other two kids love me. Cinderella is being very affectionate now and ran to me after library saying she's missed me (coz I'd been away at the PSG for the morning) and Little Red Ridinghood always seems excited to see me. It will be good when I have the preps all day and get to know them a bit better. I don't need universal adoration but I have to spend all year with these kids, I want them to like me.


I have discovered that having only five kids to wrangle means that documentation and reporting is huge! And with the new system the government, in all it's wisdom is bringing in, it is apparently quite daunting for most staff. The wiser prep teachers across the hall said they'd help me after school one day and they reckon we could knock over the two older kids reports in an arvo. I like the sound of that. The preps are on a different time frame which is good. I really need to look into this paperwork stuff I am avoiding....


What else today... ummm more indoctrination induction after school, learnt how to put LRR in her standing frame, now just have to work it into the schedule... didn't do any direct teaching today and missed my rug rats, behaved in a silly fashion during yard duty – got one kid so excited she threw up! Oops! Prior to that had been being silly at lunch with my 2 non preps. They love it! My babysitting teacher who had my kids this morning said that things were a bit more serious last year across the hall, so the kids are having a bit of a new experience in teacher style... hehehe.


ok. need to do some cutting out and watch the last ten minutes of the OC. I should have been doing that all the way through. and this later... next week. If I remember it's on......

No comments: