Friday, February 10, 2006

PPPPPP

Prior

Planning

Prevents

P___ (pathetically, piss, predictably) Circle the word I am most likely to use in this blank.

Poor

Performance


It wasn't really my fault, but it made my life a tad more exciting than I really want to have to deal with a) on a Friday b) on my own. I thought we had a physical program and had no plan as I thought I'd make one up with the physio... it had gone pear shaped last friday too but I was told that was because my physio was away. Turns out, I don't have a physio session then at all... So when the kids were a bit ratty coming in from play I let them loose for a bit thinking we'd pull it back together... To keep them in the classroom and try to get things going in an educational direction (with no help) I had to lock the classroom door top stop them escaping! It was a bit difficult getting anything productive out of the two destructive students because I could only be with one at a time at the tables, but until I have them in chairs they can't tip over when strapped in, I can't line them all up and do a game or story by myself. It was really frustrating that I felt I wasn't teaching productively,especially the two who need the extension work. I felt like I was wasting time. But it happens and I have re-planned my fridays. I will also do an updated needs chart for when I really would like extra help.


What else happened today? The morning went well. We played a cool game about hiding and I managed to slot in some 'values' education with bringing in the Fair Go area with We wait patiently for our turn. Somehow it's also our health area too but I'm not sure how it is supposed to fit yet. After lunch I got some 1 on 1 time with ummm... lets call her Cinderella (coz otherwise in a few months time I won't have a clue who I was talking about when and that will make it really hard to chart progress). We did some math coloring. The the OT brought my other grade one back... lets call her Little Red Ridinghood, coz she's got red hair like me. And I tried to do some work with her whilst Cinders worked independently. Can't do the same things with her because she doesn't have the same motor control of her hands, so cut and paste and write are not things she can do independently. Have to find some math songs and tapes so she can do it visually and verbally. This is way harder than Bloom's... [non teachery types just ignore that last bit, it's about catering to different learning styles blah, blah...].


Picture of my classroom. It's another from my phone. The yellow bit out the door is the courtyard I can let them loose in! Very handy! Also means I can get fresh air in without worrying that they will escape.





I feel like I have so much I want to get done over the weekend for school, but really don't want to think about it too much! One day I will be committed... yes, probably to a loony bin.

No comments: