Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Drowning not waving

Easter was nice but after a four day weekend I didn't really want to go back to work. That kind of disappointed me, but a job is still a job no matter what kind of love/tear my hair out relationship I have with it...

I think new teachers should be told to say no to everything in the first year. Tomorrow I am (sort of) co-ordinating the primary teachers doing morning tea for everyone for the month's birthdays. Luckily, I am getting lots of help, I have no idea what I am doing or am supposed to be doing.

This Friday I am doing whole school assembly with another teacher. She had a great idea that we do ANZAC day as she can't remember there ever being one at the school. I have spent a lot of time I had other things planned for today downloading pics and music for a powerpoint presentation. I think I'm into about 30 odd slides now... My partner in crime looked askance at what I had discovered on the net, but she went up to the office and came back with a heap of stuff to give all the teachers as a heads up and to send home to the parents... She is going to do the talking, as I am feeling a bit chicken, and I am making the fancy technological stuff that will make the other teachers go "Ooooohh...". To be honest I am having fun learning all the effects and cute stuff I can do with powerpoint, but this needs to be a bit serious, I'll save it for my play dough presentation... That is probably coming up very soon too...

So, I am feeling a bit stressed today. I'll get over it...

Snow White is having a great time on the bus and going home on it every day this week. YAY!

In physical program, without our physio today, I got Cinderella onto a scooter. I convinced her to keep staying on it by nicking it and scooting off if she left it unattended. OK, so I was having fun... She won't balance and turn properly yet but that's why she's using it! It worked well splitting riding with balance/walking things. Not really happy that I had another session without the proper staff, they just don't get as much out of the session with me rather than a physio. I just have to try to go in the same direction and meet some of our goals...

I'm sure I had something else to say but I can't think any more now.

No comments: