Sunday, May 07, 2006

Got their bugs!

I am definitely unwell. At least it has prompted me to finally finish off the information that I need to prepare in case I need a day off.


The important stuff -– how my students communicate and eat; and the less important stuff -– when I have yard duty, what administrivia needs to be filled in etc.


Friday night I went to bed at 9.30 and slept for 12 hours. Not a good sign, nor is the yellow mucous...


The question I'm left pondering goes kind of like this (my brain isn't running at 100%, forgive me if this verges on the incoherent) – when is it morally right to take a day off? I like my job, I don't need mental health days yet. They come to school sick and give me their germs, at what point to I accept that I can't do my job or worry that I will give them something? Soldiering on? When does self sacrifice become stupid? I assume I get 15 sick days for good reason. I know when I am incapable of doing the job, but what about when I'm just not doing so well? I guess if I sound too bad tomorrow the other teachers will mother/bully me into taking a day off. I can't have Wednesday off as it's open day. I need to be feeling OK to be able to deal with that.


I think it may be time to put on a pot of soup.

It's kind of weird that now I feel really crook I have the motivation to nest and do my dishes and clean up a bit.

No comments: