Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy New School Year!

First day at new school today, thankfully without the kids! The place is very well organised and I have got an overly organised and generous mentor. Yep, they give you someone to latch onto when you start at the school no matter how long you have been teaching. The differences are amazing. I think it's the little thoughtful things that have blown me away as I compare the two places. Things like ordering extra diaries to cover new staff. Printing out course outlines for each class so that they are common across the department, with things to do and a test built around each chapter. You are part of 3 teams so you will always have someone to talk to. My mentor helped me get all the textbooks I need out of the library and a tub to carry my stuff around in. He is so organised and has organised to take care of myself and another girl just starting.

Admittedly things were great, or so I thought, when I started at the place we don't mention so I don't want to put the mozz on but there is a marked difference in planning and documentation of teaching practice that did not exist there.

Today the worry of teaching tomorrow has outstripped my recent constant companion - worry about having to move house by 25th Feb and not having found anywhere yet! YAY... umm, I think.

Wish me luck and nice year 7s!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah... dont' forget to improve our teaching technique!!!

and if you need some info, you'll find much valueable content around teachingpost.

visit the website here:
http://www.theteachingpost.com

they have some sounds, videos, pics, docs to give us more idea in teaching. the also have a community with teachers around the US, so you can share infos or even help to solve your problem with them.

how's that? i'll be wait you there to join so we can talk more about our world call, teaching!